Most of us now spend several hours online every week visiting sites, connecting on Facebook, Twitter, and more. There are now over 2 billion people online! We have the opportunity to help people connect, takes steps toward Jesus, and be part of what God is already doing online. What? God is at work online? You bet.
Literally millions of people are lonely, seeking Truth, wondering what their purpose may be, abused, needing prayer, seeking friendship, unloved, suicidal, in pain, won't step foot into a church, afraid to go to church alone, and have hundreds of other issues or questions. You know some of these people. We believe and see that people can take steps online, can experience God online, and can connect and find Hope online. You can be part of it.
Currently we offer services online, are launching online groups, and will be expanding various offerings. "Being" the church is a 24/7 deal. If you haven't checked out our site, it's at : live.gccwired.com
Event Lead Hosts
- Responsible for overall event online (Services, help technical issues, monitor attendees, help facilitate conversation, online prayer, and overall experience for event)
- Coordinate and build volunteer teams for service/event time(s)- make sure all events are hosted with at least two volunteers
- Connect with volunteer team, learn best practices for shared situations, challenges, how to best connect people, and community
- Be at event 15 minutes early, open in prayer, hang-out 15 minutes after the event for continued conversation with attendees and volunteer team
- Create a welcoming experience for those who attend online church
- Engage in positive chat and encourage attendees- ask questions and comment in chat to engage in conversation
- Help connect people to the online experience and other events
- Serve and pray for online attendees- help them in any way possible
- Pray for people online in private chat
- Design banners and unique needs for online site and blog
- Create templates to add unique quotes, special events, and updates for online site
- Assist with design needs for Twitter and Facebook sites
- Be part of a distribution list that gets key information to share via online social networks (Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc)Spread the word and link to key events, videos, and blogs through your normal circles
- Proactively comment on The Table, Facebook, blogs, and other venues to encourage, pray, and help connect people online
- Assist in unique video projects for the online site
- Shoot online group facilitation
- Man-on-the-Street videos
- Edit videos submitted for various online projects
- Shoot videos with GCC drama team for special messages, feed, and unique offerings for online audience
Technical Support Team
- Review the latest technology for creating the best experience for online attendees
- Troubleshoot streaming issues and assist in creating help documents as needed for online attendees
- Create unique strategies for home groups to use technology for missional communities, small groups, and small event venues
- Lives to figure out how to connect people online- how can we best connect, encourage, and support someone hundreds or thousands of miles away online?
- Build and lead a volunteer team of “Connectors”
- Create strategies on building an overall online community focused on our core mission, intentionally encouraging and supporting all those who attend online, and building mid-week opportunities to help people connect online
- Intentionally connecting with a group of 10-20 people online- encouraging them, praying for them, and helping them find their next steps to serve where God is at work
- Facilitate online forums and groups
- Create a safe place to ask questions, serve, and love 20 people intentionally
- Participate in new opportunities as determined by Connections Director
Bloggers for Online Church Blog (That would be this site... )
- Loves to write- blog notes from weekly services and mid-week offerings
- Contribute content and reflections that is aligned to Biblical teachings and helps people take next steps
- Assist in communicating the vision and mission for the online experience
- Open to edits and willing to learn
- The online space is massive- where are others doing great things online? Help us find them!
- Where is there great content, a blog worth sharing, or online resources we should be aware of?
- Who should we be connecting with? What tools are out there we should consider?
- You love researching, exploring, and understand the mission of “being the church” online.
Is this a step you feel God is calling you to take? I'd love to connect with you! You can email me at mmeyer@gccwired and either myself or David Arnold, our Online Church Coordinator will connect with you to discuss next steps!
The Online Team has regular team meetings.... online of course to discuss the next steps, strategies, and training for team. You're invited to be part of it!