You've lost your job, you've experienced a death in your family, you've been abused, you can seem to do anything right, just when things seem to be coming together the rug gets pulled out from underneath you, you've lost your dream, you've messed up, you've hurt people, you're broke, life feels meaningless, you wonder if life is even worth living..... Sound familiar?
How can we possibly have a sense of purpose for the crappy hand we've been dealt in our life? How can we have any hope of doing anything with significance? So what do we do?
- One reason why it's said the Bible is true is that they are events that happened but continue to happen all around us in our lives or the lives around us...
- Moses felt like a failure.... he murdered someone, tried to run away from his problems, struggled with being a stutterer.... He felt like he was dealt a bad hand yet God had a greater purpose in his life...
- In the video during the service, listen to the testimony of Stephanie... you can watch Online here at 6:30 or 8:30 EST tonight (January 24th) or will be able to view after January 25th for a week... Her comments include: "I spent the next 10 years trying to find something to fix me...", "I felt like I was the one who caused the problems in my life and others...", "I didn't feel like I was qualified to do what God asked me to do..." It's a remarkable story.
- “It’s not about the hand you’ve been dealt, it’s about the hand of God in your life…”- Jason Miller
- More often than not, God works through us in a series of steps that will take time... one small step at a time.... " Many people want God to be a silver bullet that will immediately make their pain go away or change their circumstances immediately... "there was no magic wand, it was a very slow process..."- Stephanie
- The point is, "who will you be?".... "who has God created you to be?".... When we can identify that in our lives, it changes the way we are in our relationships, our job, with our spouse, with our kids, and how we spend our time...
- For a few, you know you've actually been dealt a pretty good hand, you've been blessed... However, the question remains the same....who will you be? Who has God created you to be? What steps are you taking to get out of your comfort zone?
We're in this together, all dealing with the hands we've been dealt... What's your next step? Stephanie's story is worth hearing, I invite you to check it out.