Community is often brought up a one of the challenges to the concept on "Online Church". How does one have a genuine relationship with someone that is hours away or possibly someone they've never met in person? Can you really be a close friend if you can't physically help them?
Ten years ago, we simply couldn't do the things we can do today and every month new technology rolls out that improves communication tools, allows for better streaming, and provides options on how we can stay connected from anywhere around the globe.
We know we can connect through chat, Twitter, Facebook, and other social community means... As a next step we'd like to try an online video conference group! Imagine seeing 8-10 people, with a leader, and options to send questions, comment, and more all online...
A few churches are already testing and running online groups, we'd like to try it out! Let's focus on what we CAN do online and see how we can best connect. (In all things in life, if you simply focus on "can't" you won't get to the "can"..
Over the next two weeks we're going to do a trial run with some of our volunteer team to test the technology, in the next 30 days we'd like to launch a "pilot" group for 4-weeks to work out bugs and learn some best practices. Interested? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that you'd be interested and we'll keep you posted on the details!
It's great being part of the online community with you all, have a great week!
- We are launching 2000 new churches in all shapes and sizes- That's going to be in homes, coffee houses, businesses, dorm rooms, and any other imaginable venue and location on the globe!
- We will be training leaders on how to best impact their communities from Indiana to California, from Germany to India... One leader with a few friends can ignite change in your city...
- We will continue to push the edges of technology to have great content available to you- through as many means possible (Computer, IPAD, phone, TV, you name it)- so you can best bring the hope of Christ right where you live and with the people you do life with...
- We will be more connected than ever as we push our community online through various social media outlets and portals- we'll be able to do online coaching, share and collaborate on strategies that are working in other locations, and more...
- We will be One, united community under the banner of Christ. We will celebrate what's happening across the globe, we will share resources, we will be "for" each other, as we see lives changed through Christ everywhere!
Whether in Granger, Lansing, Orlando, or Munich- we get to do this together. Many more details will be rolling out over this next month or two- this is our time!
The problem with conventional wisdom is that sometimes, it’s just the comfortable thing to do. And often the comfortable thing to do, is the very wrong thing to do. What would it take to stir our imagination, ignite hope and motivate individual change towards a shared, un-common good?
Picture all the things around you that deserve a different outcome. There are difficult questions to be asked and dearly held assumptions to be challenged, but if we raise the bar…the rest of our days can be the best of our days.